WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Apple officially introduced the iPhone X in a major product launch on Tuesday.
- The newest iPhone has a new look and a lot of new features including the FaceID.
- Apple’s vision comes to reality with its newest smartphone.
According to Apple, its vision is to create an iPhone that is all screen. An intelligent iPhone that can respond to a tap, your voice, and even a look. Its vision is now a reality with iPhone X, read “iPhone ten.” Its tagline, “Say hello to the future.”
Here’s what Apple’s iPhone X has to offer:
- Its size is 5.8-inches.
- It’s Apple’s first OLED screen.
- It has a “super-retina” display.
- It’s a 2436 x 1125 pixel screen, all display.
- The display has elegantly rounded corners.
- It has the most durable front and back glass.
- Surgical‑grade stainless steel.
- It promotes wireless charging.
- It is water and dust resistant.
- There’s no more button to press for navigation.
- With no home button, a single swipe takes you home from anywhere.
- No more password. Your face is your password.
- Face ID is so secure, it can be used with Apple Pay.
- Portrait Mode has a new feature, Portrait Lighting.
- It boasts of an A11 Bionic chip, the smartest chip ever in a smartphone.
- The phone comes in two colors: Silver and Space Grey.
- Wake up the phone with a simple tap on the screen.
- To unlock, the sensor uses FaceID recognition.
- TrueDepth enables Face ID to analyze more than 30,000 invisible dots to create an exact map of your face.
- FaceID adapts to changes in your appearance.
- FaceID still recognizes you even when you’re wearing hats, glasses, or makeup.
- Apple is confident that there’s only a 1 in 1 million chance that FaceID can fail.
- The iPhone X has “animojis” you control with your face.
- It has 12MP sensor cameras.
- The 3D camera supercharges apps like Snapchat.
- The battery lasts up to 2 hours longer than iPhone 7.
“No other device in our lifetimes has had the impact on the world that the iPhone has,” Apple CEO Tim Cook said during the product launch at the Steve Jobs Theater in Cupertino, California.
“Our intention with iPhone has always been to create something so powerful and so immersive that the hardware virtually disappears,” he continued.
Apple also unveiled iPhone 8, iPhone 8 plus, Apple watch series 3 and Apple TV 4K on the press event.
The new phones, smartwatch, and set-top box Apple TV will be available on Sept. 22.